Purchase my books here

Sunday 31 July 2011

Shortlisted for the Waterstones 'Picture This' Children's Book Illustration Competition

I am thrilled to bits to have been chosen to be one of the seven illustrators shortlisted for this very special competition.

Michael Morpurgo, author of 'War Horse' and numerous best selling novels has written a new version of the classic fairytale 'Beauty and the beast' and I now have to design the layout and characters for this unique version.

This is both an exciting and daunting task but so far I am thoroughly enjoying sketching, sticking, experimenting and putting together a 32 page book.

Click HERE for a link to the Waterstones website featuring further details of the contest.

Here is the newspaper article that featured in this Saturday's Telegraph...


And here are my initial designs for the first round...






I would like to wish all seven of us the very best of luck - each entry is so different who knows who's designs will be chosen - exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment